This person will manage the administration of the Total Rewards programs (i.e., compensation and benefits). He/she will oversee, develop, recommend, and implement improved, or new total rewards administration business processes. He/she will partner with the Compensation and Benefits COE team members on the design and administration of Total Rewards programs. He/she will manage one to three employees and partner with the Benefits COE roles to oversee third-party administrators of the US health and welfare plans, leave of absence administration, employee stock purchase program and retirement plans. He/she will also act as the Total Rewards HRIS business analyst and serve as a bridge between the Total Rewards Compensation and Benefits COE roles and the HRIS/Payroll team.
- Partner with Benefits COE roles to maintain relationship with US health and welfare benefits administrator for employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Partner with Benefits COE roles to maintain relationship with leave of absence administrator and provide business process oversight on the coordination of leaves with employees, managers, HRBPs and Payroll.
- In partnership with Benefits COE roles, responsible for ongoing employee education related to all benefits. Manage annual Benefits Open Enrollment, including conducting employee education meetings, providing communication materials, updatingHRIS, etc.
- Maintain weekly vendor file feeds and perform weekly audit of data discrepancies to ensure the feeds are accurate.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs), including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to employees in Workday HRIS.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Manages projects such as survey data management, including survey data participation, and compensation job data conversion to Workday HRIS for mergers and acquisitions.
- System maintenance: assist in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades or patches for impact to Total Rewards.
- Production support: provide support for HRIS, including researching and resolving Total Rewards related problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements. Liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g., Payroll).
- Projects/process improvement: recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Use project management skills in managing projects.
- Reports/queries: write, maintain and support a variety of Total Rewards reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Training: develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation for Workday Total Rewards business processes. Train HR, managers and employees on new processes/functionality.
- Individual development: maintain awareness of current Workday updates. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
- Provide production support, including researching and resolving Total Rewards related Workday problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Create and modify Total Rewards dashboards/metrics and distribute on a regular basis.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience with administration of compensation and/or benefits programs.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' HRIS related experience of which it is strongly preferred at least two years be recent experience with Workday HCM, Advanced Compensation (i.e., year-end merit, bonus and stock awards consolidated Workday business process), Workday benefit plan configuration and reporting
Required Technical Skills:
- Must be technologically adept and able to work with multiple Microsoft applications
- Experience with HRIS and compensation/benefit databases
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, Concatenation and other functions).
Must have high work capacity, results-oriented drive and strong sense of urgency.