The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for providing senior-level, strategic leadership and direction of the Business Development function for the organization.
- Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
- Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
- Develop short- and long-term business development strategies in support of the overall business and organizational objectives.
- Provide direction and technical advice to operating management to identify and prioritize potential markets, customers and business opportunities.
- Manage and direct Business Development professionals in alignment with operations, to pursue revenue growth by leveraging existing relationships and expanding business with new clients and into new markets.
- Identify and pursue new markets and business opportunities in support of strategic objectives.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the organization's business plan, including revenue forecastingsupported by analysis of key markets, customers, and competitors.
- Develop and maintain target accounts, which have the potential to provide large numbers of inquiries, repeat revenue and profitable sales, including developing and maintaining key account plans for major clients and prospects.
- Maintain awareness of target industries to monitor developments that could result in changes in the market outlook.
- Leverages existing customer relationships to provide opportunities for all applicable scopes of work provided by company.
- Make presentations to senior management of existing and prospective customers on the company's products, services and overall capabilities; entertain customers as needed.
- On major proposals, provide direct sales support and actively participate in closing the "sale". May assist in final contract negotiations with the client.
- Direct, and participate as needed, in industry trade shows, meetings and events in support of business objectives.
- Work closely with other company marketing and business development personnel to ensure close coordination and consistency of marketing efforts.
- Interview, select, hire, train, and evaluate business development personnel. Establish goals and objectives for business development staff and monitor performance in relation to goals throughout the year.
- Perform additional assignments as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or a related area; or equivalent job-related experience/knowledge.
- 15+ years of related business development, sales, or marketing experience; previous experience in industrialconstruction or engineering preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to make highly effective presentations, interface effectively at all levels internally and within client organizations, and speak publicly.
- Demonstrated skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Hands on, practical approach to management, both in working with Company personnel and making presentations to senior management
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- High energy level with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, internet search capabilities; exposure to contact management software experiencepreferred.
- Willingness to travel as needed/required.
Position is listed as centered in either the Eddystone or Canonsburg, PA office, however, the possibility exists for this position to be located in another office in the Matrix NAC family.