The Cardiac Assist Territory Manager I sells and promotes MAQUET products, and drives revenue growth in the defined geographic territory by new account development and the expansion of existing accounts, to meet sales quota based on the company’s sales goals. The Territory Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process and will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Sell products by schedulingsales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develop and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develop action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, and monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which MAQUET products can best address their specific needs.
- Establish pricing packages by working with relevant MAQUET personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Observe actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and member of the lab staff
- Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Able to adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
- Able to practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (as applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- Able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
- The position requires travel of approximately 40% to 75%.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent salesexperience in medical devices.
- Minimum 3 years’ medical device /capital salesexperience which includes direct selling to physicians and hospitals, and/or a minimum of 4 years applicable clinical experience with sales aptitude, or 3-5 years health care related salesexperience.
- Demonstrated record of success or achievement in sales positions.
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ability to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Req Id 9323