Manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s Technology road map. Capable of selling Jabil’s value-add services such as collaborative design, and Global Wind Operations Services (Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Test, R & D, etc.) globally. Develop and grow business through profitable manufacturing operations and flawless execution. Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide single-point-of-contact tocustomer for all process and manufacturing activities. Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedules. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering very highly complex technology projects. This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedules/financials, and managing multiple global projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Jabil’s integration into customer’s technology roadmap.
- Technical expert on customer’s products and technology.
- Technically develops, manages and delivers very highly complex technology projects including developing complex detailed Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, projectschedules/financials, managing multiple global projects, and design service agreements (DSA).
- Present and sell Jabil’s Technology to assigned customer or program. Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level customer contacts.
- Act as the main escalation point between Jabil Design and the mass-production BU.
- Serves as primary contact relationship owner with the customer’s design/central engineering group and supports all of their technical projects. Functions as the point of contact intechnical questions between Jabil and the customer.
- Establishes strategic direction for Jabil Design and Product Development teams.
- Sell and increase exposure of Jabil/Jabil Technology and Manufacturing Services such asdesign services, and Global Operations Services inside of the customer’s organization.
- Serves as primary point of contact for early supplier involvement on new customer R & D projects.
- Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions. Identifies BU’s strategic and technical direction.
- Utilizes tools to monitor cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Manages Jabil Design forecast and workcell statement process.
- Manages BU Global and manufacturing technical team.
- Manages Jabil development operations for a particular customer.
- No P&L responsibility, but is responsible for manufacturing transformations margins program.
- Develop proper manufacturing process flow, line lay-out, required manpower and skill sets, and standardization of workstations and toolsets for Large Form Assembly Products.
- Work as the technical leader with multiple manufacturing sites.
- Work directly with manufacturing sites on continual improvement activities.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work-related experience required, preferably in Industrial Engineering and Large Form Assembly Production or Technology fields (i.e. R & D, product design/development, road map processes, etc.).
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and International, up to 50%