Siemens Healthineers is seeking a knowledgeable, pro-active tax attorney to provide U.S. tax advice and counsel to its Siemens US Healthineers companies. The position requires the individual to have hands-on Federal, and State & Local Tax experience, as well as some International project experience.
The position is based in Flanders, New Jersey, reporting to the Head of Tax NAM. The candidate must have a law degree and an LLM in Tax. Travel required.
Essential Job Functions (necessary to perform job):
- Compose correspondence, opinions and memoranda involving all areas of federal, state and local, and international taxation.
- Conduct due diligence in connection with merger, acquisition, and joint venture, and disposition activities. Provide effective and responsive technical tax review of transaction documents.
- Advisor to other departments on the tax impacts of business transactions.
- Provide effective communication and interaction with tax and non-tax Healthineers employees and vendors.
- Provide timely updates to management on tax law changes impacting the company and effectively manage the required changes to processes and controls mandated by those changes to the law.
- • Juris Doctor and LLM in Tax required.
- • Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Work Experience
- • The candidate should have at least 8 years of tax experience in the tax practice area of a law firm or other tax related environment, with specific responsibility for transactional related due diligence, advice and planning.
- • Knowledge of tax accounting is a plus.
- Required Skills
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills and pro-active personality including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- • Strong ownership and accountability skills.
- • Strong technical tax and analytical skills.
- • Strong organizational skills.
- • Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite and various tax law research software.