The Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program enables future execution of Air Force air superiority doctrine with capability improvements in the areas of persistence, survivability, lethality, connectivity, interoperability, and affordability. As part of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s Program Development and Integration Directorate, the program conducts operational concept studies, technology assessments, system architecture development, technologyrisk reduction, and integrated system development.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Based upon Government requirements, develop a plan for establishing a non-proprietary, Government-owned open systems-based aircraft avionics architecture. Establish the technical baseline (interoperability, hardware, and software) for this avionics system architecture.
- Develop a plan for maintaining the architecture throughout its lifecycle to include periodic upgrades.
- Assist in translating DoD user requirements into system requirements, which is used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Plan and develop contract technical documents such as System Specifications and Systems Requirements Documents.
- Advise engineering and program management personnel on a broad range of technical areas. Technical areas extend beyond the system architecture and include such things as aircraft sensor technology, computer processing, antennas, radar, signal processing, apertures, navigation/geo-location, data transfer, data storage, and functional testing.
- Create and manage test planning for the system architecture and associated architecture sub-components. This includes lab/benchtop testing and flight testing that encompasses the sub-system level to the overall system. Evaluate and recommend corrective actions for deficiencies and leverage lessons learned and opportunities.
- Prepare and present briefings covering the details of a System Architecture and its associated sub-systems. Briefing scope and audience will vary from top level Senior Leaders to technical discussions with contractors/Government personnel.
- Manage system level air vehicle performance trade studies to ascertain predicted performance of the system architecture.
- Support Configuration Management personnel in maintaining an accurate system representation record.
- Supports execution of Technology Readiness Level, Manufacturing Readiness Level, and Integration Risk Level assessments.
- Conduct technical evaluations of contractor proposals.
- Review and evaluate technical baseline with compliance to Federal and Military regulations.
- Ensure technical baseline compliance with Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS), and Air Traffic Management (ATM) directives.
- Perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, and background investigation current within 5 years (Interim clearances or investigations greater than 5 years are not acceptable.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with 15years of relevant experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degreein ElectricalEngineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Defense Acquisition WorkforceImprovement Act (DAWIA) certification in:
- Level III in Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering
- Level II in Test & Evaluation
- 1 year or more of experience in a SAP environment within the last five years.
- Major Defense Acquisition Program experience
- DoD program office experience
- Experience with security procedures/processes in a SAP environment and SCI facility.