The Boeing Company is seeking a systems engineer to join a dynamic project team in a customer liaison capacity, assisting with the documentation, integration, and verification of program software, databases, and hardware. This individual will participate in all phases of the systems engineering process and parts of the software life cycle, including concept of operations review and update, requirements development and analysis, customer interfacing, procedure execution and validation, risk management, integration, test, delivery planning, and documentation. In addition, this individual will lead and participate in system root cause corrective action (RCCA) meeting, investigation, and resolution discussions.
System engineering duties will include:
- Lead concepts of operations reviews and updates to meet end user needs
- Serve as the process lead and software integration focal for functionality assessments and discrepancy resolutions with the users
- Ensure close coordination for software delivery planning and scheduling to include focusing the installation collaboration efforts with information technology (IT) support engineers to promote flawless software integration
- Provide the engineering leadership team with critical assessments of software testing, integration, and delivery risks along with suggested courses of action
- Promote continuous improvement of delivery and integration processes leading to the accomplishment of all first time quality objectives
- Lead, prepare presentation materials, and document results of technical exchange meetings with developers, customers, and users including software delivery planning and technical discrepancy resolution forums
- Track and monitor technical evaluations, to include testing, verification, and validation, associated with updated software delivery content and associated hardware and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software dependencies
- Produce detailed customer briefings that include software/hardware delivery schedules, integration, and installation plans, risk mitigation strategies, lien work-off actions, and resource plans
- In coordination with an assigned technical mentor, develop a complete technical understanding of, and focus the execution of, software functions and installation processes
- Participate as required in technical trade studies where dependencies and technical integration topics related to software delivery and functionality
- Produce and maintain all documentation outlining the process and execution steps for successful integration and installation activities associated with software deliveries to customers/users
- Assist and mentor factory team members with software delivery issues and their resolutions
- Satisfy the occasional need for call-in, weekend, or shift work.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Security Clearance: Current/Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance or a current Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is required. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to certify and cross train in other program areas as required
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must independently be able to formulate and execute project plans and complete and track assigned tasks
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to lead projects, communicate status to leadership, and focus team members to independently work a project with concurrent tasks
- Must have extensive knowledge of systems engineering principles to solve engineering problems, creating process-driven documentation, managing project requirements, producing task schedules, and a thorough understanding of integration, verification, and validation (IV&V)
- Must have proven experience with speaking in front of a group and the able to schedule and lead coordination meetings.
- Requires knowledge of both Linus/Unix and Windows-based systems
- Must have proven expertise, knowledge, and experience with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) or other problem solving process to include managing and assessing troubleshooting artifacts leading to problem resolutions
- Must be fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce Powerpoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents, and generate and manipulate Excel files
- Advanced knowledge of both Unix and Windows based systems
- Simulation experience on a Linux/Unix system
- Knowledge of Web-based tools, such as SharePoint and an understanding of the use of Web links
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.