The Boeing Company is seeking a systems engineer analyst working in a software testing capacity to join a 20-30 person project team, assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered data centers used to support the command and control of space vehicles. Team projects require the development of custom application software, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer networkinfrastructure.
This individual will participate in all phases of the computer system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
Engineering and testing duties will include:
- Understand and apply the concepts of operations necessary for users to satisfy their goals and understand how they apply to testing activities
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate testing expertise and understanding of various technical software topics
- Understand and test system designs and formal requirements that drive the overall system software functional requirements
- Provide suggestions/inputs on requirements changes and updates to continuously improve and/or update system designs
- Testing and evaluation of software algorithms to ensure that they meet performance and formal requirements specifications
- Testing and evaluation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to ensure end user needs are met
- Testing and evaluation of database table models that support software applications to include technical evaluation of the
software and database interactions and database outputs
- In coordination with your mentor develop an understanding of the system integration requirements needed to support all
forms of testing activities
- Independently write formal system software test reports to support the verification and delivery of custom software to the
customer system environment
- Upon completion of training, complete software testing tasks with little guidance from your assigned mentor
- Participate in design review presentations to communicate software test plan and activities
- Demonstrate initiative and self-starter abilities in working tasks as well as solutions to testing issues
- With your assigned mentor, complete within 4 months the initial certification training for the tester position
- Some occasional call-in or weekend work
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Security Clearance: Current/Active Top Secret (TS) security clearance or a current Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is required. (Note: If you held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years experience with, and knowledge of software testing and related tasks
- Ability to certify and cross train in other program areas on an as needed basis;
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good collaboration skills for technical coordination with team members and to provide task progress/status to their mentor/lead
- Follow instructions to produce professional test reports and test findings
- General knowledge of Linux/Unix and working knowledge of Windows based systems
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents, and generate and manipulate Excel files;
- Some knowledge and experience with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process, or other corrective action resolution processes to include basic understanding of discrepancy/defect issues and artifacts assessment;
- Knowledge of Web-based tools, such as SharePoint and an understanding of the use of Web links;
- Familiarity with basic systems engineering principles used to create process-driven documentation, manage project/program requirements, and produce task schedules;
- Experience speaking in front of a group and the ability to schedule and facilitate coordination meetings.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.