Central Direct Procurement & Services Organization, is one of the most important functions within HP Inc. Operations team. Widely recognized organization that effectively collaborates with internal partners and external suppliers to ensure best in class availability, quality and very competitive total cost in behalf of our customers. The Strategic Sourcing team drives as well key initiatives that enables key Innovations & products, to ultimately exceed customer expectations.
Appliesdeveloped subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Leads the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category; reports results to managers.
- Participates as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects).
- Meets with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
- Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools.
- Participates in Supplier Selection Activities.
- May lead activities for less complex domains.
- Assesses the supply base of category.
- Negotiates and contracts with suppliers.
- Engages with low-complexity suppliers.
- Monitors supplier performance.
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies.
- Identifies common contractrisk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using pre- packed solutions.
- Advises program level business representatives on fundamental contractrisk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Basic Project Management Skills.
- Basic ability to develop suppliers
- Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills; basic influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract using standard HP contracttemplates with supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contractrisk areas.
- Capable of applying pre- packagedcontract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
- Good understanding of HP business units and HP business strategy.
Job ID 3007460