As Google's products and services grow to serve our billions of users, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future.
It's a big job that involves everything from operating underwater cables to finding data center space. In this role you combine your deep market knowledge with tech industry savvy to find solutions that support Google's growth. You'll work with specific teams to oversee vendor and partner relationships. Your successful management skills have the potential to impact every part of the business and save Google millions of dollars in operating costs.
You'll ensure that we receive contract compliance on our third-party agreements, while identifying the most cost-effective solutions for our needs. You'll take lead on special projects, manage vendors and present your recommendations to Google leadership.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with internal business and networking technical teams to identify and define strategic initiatives necessary to meet Google's ongoing infrastructure needs.
- Build and drive strategic relationships with vendors, identify unique opportunities for partnership or expansion in the technical infrastructure space, and determine specific solutions that meet commercial, technical, and timing requirements.
- Identify and develop strategic agreements with vendors/partners providing network transport (terrestrial and subsea networks), IP transit and colocation services in given markets.
- Build and drive Google’s strategy for technical infrastructure builds in given territories and markets. Lead partnerships in tandem with Google's Legal team.
- Communicate progress internally and collaborate with network deployment and other technical teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in networking technologies across the OSI (Open Systems Interconnect) model. Experience in submarine cable industry, including developing and negotiating agreements (joint build agreements, construction and maintenance agreements, landing services agreements, supply agreements), and working withinternal policy, tax, regulatory, legal and technical experts.
- Experience with strategic negotiations and/or business development obtaining services from high-technology providers in colocation data centers, internet transit, network transport, telecom services. Hand-on management of submarine projects from concept to completion. Management of project risk, cost and timeline.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science or Engineering.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience with contract development and vendor management across many vendors simultaneously in technology-related domains.
- Broad understanding of marine maintenance and operations of submarine cables, as well as operation and maintenance of cable stations. Understanding of domestic and global carrier networks.
- Local country knowledge and well-versed with contractual framework and ability to negotiate complex contracts with vendors, partners and suppliers.
- Ability to connect with senior-level industry executives to develop strategic relationships and initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.