The Sr. Tech Support Engineer will be reporting directly to the Lab Support, Assembly, Installation section in the department providing Engineering Lab Management support, Hardware Assembly and checkout, Fielding installation and deployment, as well as cross functional support on a number of International and DoD C2 programs. Position will require some domestic and international travel.
- Engineering Lab Operations - Lab Manager responsible for planning, building & configuration, operation & maintenance of engineering development & production labs to satisfy program requirements compliant to required Raytheon/IDS SP & DPs
- Hardware Design Support – Peer review engineering documentation, build/assembly support, produce as built redlined drawings
- Procurement Support – Interface with Integrated Supply Chain to provide engineering guidance on procurement activities. Procurement activity tracking and status, coordinate incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Hardware Assembly - Electronics packaging, HW assembly and deployment, Field installation.
- Rotational International Travels include but not limited to Saudi Arabia, Jordon, Algeria, Qatar, Australia, and UAE
- Ensure tasks and assignments adhere to Raytheon, IDS, and Mechanical Engineering Directorate processes and procedures
- Follow and ensure compliance with IDS and Mechanical Engineering process initiatives (e.g. IPDS)
Execute IDS Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and C2 ME department strategies and goals
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 5 years or more of hardware tech support, troubleshoot, testing, assembly, or related engineering experience, including 3 or more years of leadership experiences in tasks execution or operating and maintenance of engineering development environment
- Working knowledge of Command & Control business area with understanding of COTS HW Assembly, Installation, and Testing.
- Experiences and interest in HW production and various hands on work
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Technical experiences in Command & Control products, HW System admin and/or basic COTS networking background.
- Current Secret Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
BS in Engineering, or related technical field
Location: Fullerton, CA