Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization. As a Sr Systems Engineer, you will design and develop communication products covering all spectrum bands, across multiple airborne and ground platforms. You will work with customers, engineering management, program management, engineering teams, production, business support groups, and subcontractors to create solutions addressing both domestic and international customer needs. Additionally, you will play an integral role in developing the next generation of both networking and non-networking software defined radio waveforms for existing and new communication platforms.
We are seeking individuals with the technical skills and personal leadership attributes to help enhance communications systems development. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products, utilizing systems engineering processes. Key responsibilities include: communicating to multiple different levels within the organization; requirements analysis and validation; systems design and architecture; integration and verification testing; leading and supporting technical collaboration among engineering design teams; resolving technical problems across functional domain areas; and development of systems related documentation.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified candidates.
Candidates must have the following skills orqualifications:
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government securityinvestigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Direct experience with RF designs (HF through L-band Frequencies) and radio systems integration support is required
* Experience using engineering lab equipment: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators is required
* Analog, digital, and RF troubleshooting skills are required
*Experience capturing and maintaining requirements is required
*Experience with design simulation tools such as ADS and/or Spice is a plus
* Experience generating qualification test plans and procedures and executing said plans and procedures
* Experience in creation and execution of engineering test cases and procedures is a plus
* Experience in conducting RF design trade studies is a plus
* Experience in providing support to manufacturing is preferred
*Experience with earned value and cost account management
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more