Job Description“I feel the need…the need for speed!” If you like the movie “Top Gun”, you will love the Test and Training InstrumentationEngineering Department and the opportunities we have for you to help develop our military’s future Air Combat Training (ACT) system.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art Range Products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for U.S. military communication systems, navigation systems, and networks specifically targeted to our US Armed Forces fleet of advanced fighter jets.
Our department values its culture of open communication and strives to find driven individuals who deliver on their commitments and operate well in this environment. The T&TI Technology Systems Engineering team is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to provide technical excellence in this fast-growing market of Air Combat Training. Responsibilities will span across the entire system development model from system design through system testing as well as supporting the customer at Air Combat training ranges.
* Requirements decomposition and allocation from the customer requirements through subsystem and component level requirements
* System and Subsystem design including Interface definition and development of derived requirements
* Supporting the HW and SW design teams ensuring that the implemented design adheres to the systems requirements established for the products
* Verification and validation of the system ensuring that the final product deliveries meet the design intent and customer requirements.
* Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
* Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
*Utilization of strong interaction and interpersonal skills to perform in a highly diverse engineering team
We are looking for qualified candidates that can successfully work remotely from their home, from one of our regional Rockwell Collins’ sites, or our Cedar Rapids corporate location.
Must Have Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government securityinvestigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Broad understanding of hardware, software, computers, operating systems, radio communications, information assurance, networksecurity, and networking technologies as they apply to domestic and international military manned and unmanned aircraft as well as ground based networkinfrastructure.
- Practical experience in all aspects/phases of the system development V-Model
- The candidate must demonstrate that they have excellent communication skills as a primary responsibility for this position will be frequent interaction with multiple engineering disciplines, the customer, and Program Management.
- The applicant is expected to work well in a professional team environment and mentor more junior engineers during the course of their duties.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to investigate problems to their root cause.
- Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems.
- Deep and broad understanding of avionic systems, bus structures, electrical interfaces, software protocols, and networking protocols, and system integration problems when attempting to integrate new development items with COTS hardware and software.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people andinvest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University,networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.And that’s just for starters.Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more