The Radar and Communications Department within the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) of Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is seeking an Analog/RF Engineer. Candidate will work under limited supervision to manage the production test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. This position is based in Forest, MS. Forest CMC manufactures and tests some of the most high tech tactical radar, electronic warfare and surveillance systems used in combat today.
Tasks may include the following:
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
- Assist and direct hourly personnel in non-routine fault isolation, diagnose, and repair of the product or test equipment.
- Provide technical guidance to production test technicians and metrology personnel.
- Monitor and improve the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
- Assist in the development of test equipment and establishment of test requirements and procedures.
- Accept new or modified test equipment for production use.
- Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
- Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
- Develop test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
- Maintain changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in testing and/or technical design of radar and communication systems
- Proven experiencetroubleshooting and performing failure analysis of RFcircuits with demonstrated knowledge of associated measurement equipment. Must understand radar theory and application.
- Experience leading cross functional investigations
- Ability to understand and interpret Acceptance Test Requirements
- Strong skills and experience performing analysis of technical data
- Experience with testing and troubleshootingRF and Microwave component/subsystem such as up-converters, down converters, power amplifiers, waveform generators, RF modulators, and limiters
- Lab experience with RFnetwork analyzers and spectrum analyzers
- Strong communication skills including report writing and presentations
- Strong Experience simulating RFcircuits using ADS, Mentor Graphics or similar packages.
- Experience developing test plans/methodologies
Required Education: A BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or close equivalent discipline
Desired Education:MSdegree in Electrical Engineering, or close equivalent discipline