Job Number: 621517
Description:The Senior Project Manager role provides project management, process improvement, leadership and consultation tomajor/critical/confidential projects/initiatives. These projects involve executives, front line staff, consultants, vendors, IT, labor, and other coordination to ensure projects are delivered within scope, schedule and budget.
- Manages large complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity. Consult and Collaborate with leadership. Executes action consistent with best practices in project management and process improvement. Maintain and Control Risk, Quality, Budget, Schedule, Employee Satisfaction. Builds and Sustains strong ongoing relationships withmanagement and project team. Demonstrates knowledge of and provides continuous feedback for improvement ofapproved project management methods and business methods to projects. Plan and prepare for impacts ofcurrent/existing technologies on the project. Works on significant and unique assignments of diverse and complex scope, some may be confidential. Addresses opportunities for process improvements and influencing change. Organize and Lead complex planning and direction setting with diverse and multiple stakeholders. Supervise staff/team indirectly and may include temporary staff. Control/Authorize/Delegate action within project scope to ensure HPOS achieves targets.
- Provide Mentorship and guidance to Project Managers and Coordinators. Contribute to and support the Projectmanagement community of practice.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management, business consulting, or process improvement experience
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business administration or a related field is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Project management certification (PMP)
- Six Sigma, Green belt certification within twelve (12) months of hire
- Manage complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity
- Ability to supervise large teams, twenty five (25) or more team members on projects
- Manage project budget, and/or manage moderately large projects
- Manage confidential information and PHI
- Use advanced verbal and written communications methods to convey concepts to team members and executives
- Experience in an health plan organization
- Experience in management and business consulting
- Experience in applying change management principles to teams
- Experience in writing contracts and statements of work
- Experience with information technology such as queries, databases, servers, cloud technology, encryption
- Six Sigma, Black belt
- Advanced knowledge of analytic techniques pertinent to planning, finance, management engineering and medical economics. This includes forecasting, sensitivity analysis, financial analysis such as NPV, decision analysis, cost benefit/effectiveness and other economic analysis, and multi-variate statistical analysis
- Proven leadership skills in performance improvement projects including the following attributes: efficient, collaborative,candid, open and results-oriented
- Demonstrated process improvement skills and results using best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written)
- Master's degree in health care, business administration, or related field OR an additional two (2) years of experience in a directly related field in lieu of the preferred degree.