At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As our Sr Process Engineer I, you will support the daily manufacturing engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design and execute experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling and equipment. You’ll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help drive engineering activities for new products. You’ll support prototype development runs and drive commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and maximize efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
• 12 years' directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
• 5 years of experience in Process Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing production environment required, plastics and/or packaging preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
• Experience or classwork in Design of Experiments and strong statistical skills preferred
• Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles preferred
• Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians.
• Knowledge of plastics processing a plus.