The Senior Solutions Architect - Health and Civil Group (HCG) reports directly to the HCG CTO and is among the most senior technical leadership positions within CSRA. The Solution Architect will help current and future Government agencies implement and realize the benefits of next generation technology. In support of HCG’s $1.5B annual portfolio, the Solution Architect will partner with our customers, other HCG solution architects and CSRA’s senior, horizontal technology leaders (e.g. Digital Platforms, Cyber Security) to refine HCG’s technical strategies and approaches.
Who is CSRA? The name represents the coming together – figuratively and literally – of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. It’s indicative of our common values and cultural elements, including our collective dedication to supporting government clients in their mission. The CSRA name is not an acronym. It is not an abbreviation for a longer name; rather it represents the joining forces of two industry leaders.
Everyday CSRA makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are inspired by the important missions of our customers and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation!
The role of the Senior Solutions Architect - Health and Civil Group (HCG) includes:
- Supports the HCG CTO, Business Area Directors, CSRA Service Area senior technical leaders, and other HCG Solution Architects by providing deep domain expertise in one or more areas of next-gen technology. These include areas like Cloud Computing, Agile SW development, cybersecurity, or Health-specific areas, like MMIS or EHR systems.
- Serves as a key member of CSRA Technical Enterprise leadership, defining CSRA’s technical strategy and indirect offering investment
- Serves as a subject matter expert across the pursuit lifecycle and within an integrated growth team, including capture and business development, to win top Health and Civil opportunities
- Meets regularly with and develops relationships with CSRA Civil and Health customers, including C-level and SES-level, learning their mission challenges and demonstrating CSRA’s value
- Identifying, mentoring and developing CSRA technical talent, defining training, career path and opportunities for advancement
- Architects solutions that include leading technologies and solutions. This includes leveraging market-leading vendor products and capabilities from Microsoft, AWS, IBM and others.
- Drives market demand for next-gen solutions by providing concise messages tailored for CSRA customers and their desired outcomes
- Provides domain expertise in the area of next-gen technology for proposal responses. Readily engages with existing accounts to perform gap analysis and introduce next generation technologies
- Collaborates closely with our leveraged service center to incubate, design, and deliver offerings in their areas of expertise
- Engage and participate in related CSRA community of interest, to build a strong sense of community and provide meaningful corporate reach back
- Remains current with market trends, and works with the HCG CTO and Service Area directors to define new markets.
- Works with industry in tailoring solution and approach strategies specific for our customer’s evolving needs
- Works in collaboration with other solution architects to generate RFI and RFP responses
- Shapes procurement by presentations to clients and through speaking engagements
- Determines which alliances to pursue and events for CSRA to participate
- Identifies Small Businesses with cloud skills that CSRA can partner with to improve our solutions.
- Leads and helps to build Proof of Concept offerings for demo to customers
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of business solutions experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Strong writing, communication and collaboration skills including the ability to work across all levels of the organization – experience advising C-level colleagues and customers.
- Experience with the federal acquisition process and proposal response – including setting the technical strategy and winning large-scale opportunities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to define technology road maps and evaluate total-cost-of-ownership of solutions
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong writing skills and experience with Federal Contracting and supporting responses to Federal solicitations (RFP, RFI, etc)
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Cloud solutions, and related company products and services
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
- Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
- Knowledge of security standards such as FedRAMP, FISMA and Security Requirements Guide (SRG)
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and switch between assignments quickly
- Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel, mostly DC metro
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field preferred
Requisition ID RIC2017-14701