About the Role:
Contributes to Boston Scientific’s strategic objectives through the application of lean. Supports the advancement of lean by identifying and implementing innovative and sustainable solutions that eliminate waste and optimize value for our customers.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Someone in this role would require limited mentorship throughout project work to ensure consistent understanding and application of Lean on our manufacturing lines, in business processes, and in the product development cycle. An ideal candidate would have advanced experience (5+ years) with the items listed below;
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of projects intended to help us achieve our year-over-year metric improvements in the following categories; Safety, Ergonomics, Labor Efficiency, WIP, Cycle Time, and Floor Space.
- Responsible for understanding, leveraging, sustaining, and improving the following Lean principles, tools and systems; Work Content Graph (line balancing), Standard Work, Standard WIP, Visual Staffing Plan, Variation Tracking, Equipment Capacity, 5S, 8 Wastes, Continuous Improvement System and Kaizen.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing data to guide decision making.
- Responsible for identifying and capturing the value of projects in our Value Improvement Process (VIP).
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching others regarding concepts relevant to Industrial Engineering and Lean. Effectively facilitates Lean training.
- Responsible for leading large-scale projects potentially impacting multiple processes, products and sites (product transfers, acquisitions, etc.)
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the following Principles; Go See, Create Pull & Flow, Build in Quality, Focus on Process, Align to Strategy, Place Customers First, Engage People, and Engage Value Improvement.
What We’re Looking For In You:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering degreerequired
- 5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean practices
- Proficient user of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to solve large scale complex problems through robust data analysis
- Ability to lead a large cross functional team toward a shared vision
- Ability to mentor and coach others
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the Medical Device Industry
- Six Sigma Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Simulation Software Experience (Arena, Simulate, FlexSim, etc.)
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 423879