Sr. Firmware Engineer - Experimental
Rain Bird Corporation, the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years, creates innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grows productive agricultural crops while saving water.
We are currently seeking a results-driven Sr. Firmware Engineer for our Experimental group. In this role you will work with a small team to look at next generation technologies and develop products of the future.
Combine your drive, energy, and firmware skills to provide a real-world solution that addresses smart water management and conservation!
- Investigate and track emerging technologies, creating innovative, rapid prototypes to help drive our strategy in the irrigation industry.
- Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, and detailed requirement specifications based upon current and future market needs.
- Activities include design and development of source codes, design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
- Provides input on software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
- Work closely with project teams, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
- Self-project manage early research projects
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- BSdegree in CS, EE or equivalent.
- Strong software development, debugging, DFM and DFT skills in C/C++.
- Experience interfacing with common API architectures: Rest, XML, and JSON.
- Able to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, SMTP, SNMP and othernetworking based components on embedded systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4.
- Experience with 8 and 32-bit microcontroller-based embedded software development and using advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, etc.
- Prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
- Project managementexperience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
- Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
- MS degree
- Experience with various wireless standards (WiFi, BLE, 900Mhz, Zigbee, Z-Wave) and networks highly desired, including embedded networking stacks
- Experience with mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
- Experience developing custom protocols for embedded systems
- Interest in home automation or have worked with home automation products a plus
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.