Summary: Sr. Financial Analyst will take a lead role in planning and developing the annual and multi-year Midstream budget and associated quarterly and monthly forecasts.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Prepare, coordinates and review WGL Midstream operational and financial data for inclusion in annual and ongoing financial statement projections.
• Develop and maintain all aspects of WGL Midstream 5-year forecasting models; including current intra-year updates.
• Assist with the development and updating of corporate budget data. Maintain and update cash requirements forecasts to meet the needs of WGL Treasury department.
• Prepare WGL Midstream monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis using several bases, including forecast to actual, budget to actual, forecast to the previous forecast, forecast to past actual, etc. Establish explanations for variances. Present variances and explanations to various internal parties provide supporting documentation as required.
• Assist company management with preparing presentations for internal Board reporting and other internal and external reportingrequirements.
• Interact with other groups within Finance, notably Accounting, to obtain data needed for forecasts, variance analysis, and reporting.
• Serve as an internal financial consultant to operating managers and executives regarding the economic implications ofalternative courses of action.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
• Relevant advanced degree helpful and may substitute for one year of work experience.
• Professional certification (CFA, CPA, FP&A) preferred.
• At least five years of experience in financial management, financial systems, accounting, forecasting, or budgeting.
• Experience utilizing complex financial models to forecast Pro-forma financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flows).
• Demonstrated working knowledge of commodity markets preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting practices and standard, knowledge of derivatives accounting practices helpful.
• Work experience developing, evaluating and communicating the results of sophisticated financial analyses required.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
• Demonstrated proficiency performing data analysis to support business decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to verbally communicate complex information logically, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with external and internal audiences to carry out workresponsibilities effectively.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality, accuracy and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop solutions to complex problems, obtain buy-in, and drive to results.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled