At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
At Nike we are always on the offense, constantly working to elevate capabilities that enable us to better understand the marketplace and serve our consumers. Analytically-driven insights are an essential part of our approach, and this position will be a critical part of bringing our strategy to life.
The data products we create to empower our end users can take many forms, from a standard tableau report to a statistical forecasting platform to an exception-based notification delivered through a smartphone app. We build stable, scalable, ground-breaking data products of elegant simplicity. We strive to make sure the “what” never gets in the way of the pursuit of the “why,” and to free curiosity and intuition to roam, backed by the solid foundation of data and science.
This position will lead a team that works cross functionally with business end users, business intelligence, data science, engineering, and architecture teams to gather and thoughtfully document feature requirements, then drive them through the product development lifecycle. This position will directly manage several Product Directors spread across different areas of functional focus, and will direct the priorities of a number of different cross-functional development squads, in close partnership with our Data Engineering team. Keys to success include exceptional product management skills in an agile environment, previous experience managing data product delivery squads operating in AWS, deep background in managing global enterprise report development, and a strong understanding & curiosity of how consumer & business value is created at a company like Nike.
This position requires a positive, enthusiastic team player with strong hands on experience, drive and curiosity. While you (understandably) rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively. Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. Your teams’ success is your success, and you actively seek out opportunities to be a good partner across the organization.
• Lead the team that will write, drive, and prioritize thoughtful and detailed functional specifications for data ingestion, data cleansing, data quality, analytic processing, BI, and data science use cases then drive them via an Agile development methodology
• Be the subject matter expert for Nike commercial / marketplace data collection & standardization
• Drive the global marketplace, enterprise reporting roadmap & delivery
• Deeply understand how to enable data scientists and data analysts via the optimal data structures for efficiency of analysis
• Design process and systems to troubleshoot data quality issues, identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
• Move beyond traditional self-service reporting views to focus on exposing forecasts & statistically relevant deviations with exception-based notification
Establish deep partnerships with critical cross-functional enablers including data enablement engineering, analytics platform engineering and enterprise data governance
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, analytics, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields; advanced degree is preferred
• 10-15 years of relevant leadership experiences in data product creation
• A strong history of building and leading cross functional data product delivery teams
• Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills
• Understanding of data architecture, data taxonomy, and both structured and unstructured data
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Familiarity working within AWS and relevant toolsets
• Experience with retail or ecommerce domains is a plus