Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Raytheon Foreground Security (RFS) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Engineer (REMOTE). The successful candidate will be provide engineering support building out a Security Operations Center (SOC) and its tools used by all stakeholders of the SOC.
Responsibilities will include:
- •Review tool configurations for compliance industry best practices;
- •Develop and enhance methodologies and supporting operational documentation to create and maintain standard operating procedures.
- •Develop and deliver metrics for reporting functions.
- •Develop and organize standard toolkits and tool development repositories, and custom content based on customer needs
- •Perform day-to-day functions (operations/ maintenance) on cyber engineering tools.
- •Provide reporting and metrics of ongoing tasks.
- •Participate in customer calls and meetings on a regular basis.
- •Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
- •G08 requires 4+ years concentration in performing cyber security engineering;
- •G09 requires 6+ years concentration in performing cyber security engineering;
- •Knowledge of and practical experience of integration of COTS or open source tools
- •Strong analytical skills;
- •SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
- •At least 1 security certification as stated below
- oOr related advanced IT certification
- •Speaks English fluently;
- •Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
- •This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements;
- •8+ years’ experience performing cyber engineering;
•Master’s degree in area of study relevant for Computer Information Systems;