ShowClix is actively seeking a Software Engineer with a passion for solving unique problems, wearing many hats, and working in a fast paced environment. The Software Engineer's job duties will include expanding the ShowClix ticketing and event management platform. Perks include a competitive salary, benefits package, a great workstation, and a fun, modern office located in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh.
Things that are important to us:
- Strong understanding of modern software design practices
- Strong foundation of relational database practices
- Ability to write organized, legible, efficient software
- Comfortable around a command line in a Linux flavored environment
- Understanding of web and networksecurity
- Ability to work well and communicate with a growing team of diverse roles
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take initiative to solve problems
Things that get us excited:
- History of contributing to open source software
- Ability to demonstrate professional expertise with writing, blog posts, talks, or other public work
- Professional experience developing software for the web at scale
- Pragmatic machine learning experience
- Having an affinity for bullet-point lists.