Title of Position: Software Engineer (Herndon)
Description of Position:
- The Customer is looking for an energetic, creative resource with excellent skills and a proven track record of success.
- This position is for a subject matter expert software engineer with deep, broad technical knowledge and experience with the Customer IT environment (architecture, applications, technologies, and infrastructure).
- The Candidate will work closely with customer’s Project Manager to support ETL activities the Authoritative Attribute business area.
- The software engineer will work as part of an agile development team to design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy GOTS/COTS components focusing on ETL of attributes from disparate systems into the Authoritative Attribute LDAP store.
- The software engineer will participate in the development, maintenance and enhancement of the GOTS components and supervise installation, maintenance, and deployment of the COTS product, making configuration changes as needed.
- Prior knowledge of authentication and authorization is helpful as is experience with cloud environments. The software engineer will interface with the infrastructure teams during deployments or troubleshooting.
- The successful candidate will work with new and existing customers to ensure authentication and identity propagation requirements are satisfied.
- The individual will provide ad hoc support to project-related activities as needed and tasked by management, and will work with project management to prioritize multiple customer stories and tasking when conflicts arise.
- This work requires significant interaction across many customers and groups and other Service Providers to understand requirements, assess enterprise capabilities that fulfill these needs, and ensure services are compliant with customer's governance.
- Everyone on the team shares pager duty so each person only gets it once every 6 weeks.
Education and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience integrating software in a web-based and web-services environment.
- Demonstrated prior on-the-job experience with integrating and customizing COTS tools.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise level deployments to include customer governance, policy definitions, policy management and automation, and customer interfaces used to deliver integrated solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with J2EE design and Java development using an n-layered architecture to develop restful Web services.
- Demonstrated experience with Web development using XML.
- Demonstrated experience with Web development using Tomcat.
- Demonstrated experience with Web development using the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrated experience developing on a Linux platform.
- Demonstrated experience with providing ETL development and engineering services.
- Familiarity with using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for authentication.
- Demonstrated experience with agile development methodologies (e.g., sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, work backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, story clarifications).
- Demonstrated experience with PKI certificate integration.
- Demonstrated experience with PingFederate.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint and document configuration management.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps components such as; GitHub, Jenkins, or Artifactory.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale enterprise programs and networking of large scale DBMS and software services
- Demonstrated experience with risk management from the perspective of effectively identifying, citing, ranking, and establishment of appropriate mitigation approaches.
- Demonstrated experience adjudicating competing priorities, incorporating user requirements into technical project road-maps/schedule, and providing analysis of alternatives for capability enhancements to better enable customer lead project decisions.
- Demonstrated experience developing architectural and engineering patterns and maturity models.
- Demonstrated experience with data attribute validation, acquisition, management and re-purposing for use in policies and processes as the basis of secure solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, drafting and presenting program documentation to communicate with implementers, architects, senior leadership, and customer stakeholders (e.g., TEM materials, Concept of Operations, Implementation Plans) and the tools leveraged to produce appropriate artifacts.
- Demonstrated experience working with seniors, customers, system architects, and developers to identify and shape solutions that meet both performance and Information Assurance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in active participation in multiple customer forums to address strategy, architecture, policy, road-maps, key processes, dependencies, interoperability, technology, and governance.
ProSync's executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync.