Our Software Engineer works in a team environment and is a key service provider responsible for designing, engineering, managing and supporting reliable, stable and dependable solutions. This individual drives and collaborates with associates, business partners, vendors, and IT staff to resolve issues and escalates issues as appropriate. The individual is highly competent in building quality into a solution, and is able to collaborate and coordinate effectively with associates and external vendors.
The Software Engineer ensures incoming work requests are managed using development standards to meet service levels and expectations. This role ensures execution through direct, hands on involvement with team members. The Software Engineer establishes and communicates performance expectations, oversees the quality of team members’ execution through involvement and oversight, and provides coaching, training and help associates with their technical development.
The Software Engineer is part of the solutions delivery team and is responsible for designing, coding, configuring and testing dependable software solutions to meet Payless’ application needs.
This position possesses the following:
- Delivery of quality coding, testing and maintenance of key solutions
- High Level Design and Design Best Practices
- Leading design/development efforts, and helping to implement best practices
- Work with on-shore and off-shore teams in transferring knowledge
- Partners withother SEs, business users as well as external consultants
- Self-motivated, communicates well and works collaboratively
Deliver Strategic Projects, Enhancements:
- Drives the timely delivery of the development from developing technical designs, code, testing and implementation of assigned project scope and support initiatives.
- Translates business requirements and prepare technical designs and unit test plans
- Work collaboratively on technical designs with other software engineers
Provide Timely System Support:
- Provides necessary technical support to meet defined service level agreements. Is considered to be the second level of escalation in on-callsupport.
- Communicates issues to domain lead specially for P1/P2 issues
- Schedule and facilitate technical meetings
- Provide input to Principal SE regarding adjustments to development standards
- Provides recommendations and actively improves the software solutions, and application environment.
- Builds quality into a product, is able to provide technical support, and is able to coordinate with an outsourced development team and/or outside software vendor
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned tasks
- Communicates, escalates, and/or resolves risks and issues related to assigned projects/initiatives
- Creates and maintain change management requests and follow the change management process
- Bachelor's degree (concentration in MIS or a related field preferred)
- Experience in at least one programming language and enthusiasm to learnothers. Java, .NET, C++, COBOL mainframe, etc.
- Experience with SQL programming in any database platforms (SQL server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Exposure and understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Project Methodology
- Experience in design, code, test and deployment of complex projects and supporting them after implementation
- Expert in a system by utilizing specific analytical/reverse engineering capabilities and principles to drive improvements, where appropriate.
- Highly competent in building quality into a solution, strong commitment to a good engineering discipline and experience with code reviews
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and training
- An innovative and fast learner and performs job assignments with minimal supervision
- Collaborates and is able to coordinate and work effectively with team members
- Understands highly complex issues, organizes separate concepts into cohesive solutions and presents technical facts in a manner that can be easily understood by a variety of audiences
- Must demonstrate a sound understanding of security, performance, scalability, reliability, and usability as related to data integration application