5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Software Engineer to provide support for the Modeling and Operations Software (MOS) Directorate, Simulation Knowledge, Analysis, and Processes (SNAP) organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. The selected candidate must have a government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
So what is required of a Software Engineeron a day to day basis?
- The engineer will work on the development of a Java-based modeling and simulation data visualization tool.
- The engineer will be responsible for supporting software development, technical planning, requirement/functional verification, and analysis/testing tool development.
- The engineer will support SNAP's System Analysis, Visualization, and Information Toolset (SAVANT) product.
- The engineer will participate in activities to include interfacing with stakeholders, development of software engineering plans and processes, reviews of product deliverables, and interfacing with task/product leads in producing quality reports/products.
- The engineer will provide analysis and quick-turn support for various MDA events.
- The engineer will support integration of SAVANT into existing cloud technologies and delivery on a modern Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 platform.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
- Ideal candidate will have four or more years in Java
- MUST possess an Active DOD Secret clearance beforeapplying.
Requisition ID RQ4522