The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced, creative and highly-motivated Software Engineer (Level 3) to join The Virtual Warfare Center (VWC) in St. Louis, MO.
In this role you will be joining a team of core Software Engineers tasked with developing models and simulation software for the Strategy division of Phantom Works. We work to enhance multiple simulation frameworks, graphical applications, and operator interfaces. As an Engineer on our team you will have the opportunity to model platforms, sensors and emitters, communications, weapon and tactical systems, and integrated family of systems.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Development of plug-ins for the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling, in support of discrete event simulation and constructive analysis; as well as the advancement of a virtual integrated simulation environment (VISE)
- Supporting real-time operator-in-the-loop experimentation and analysis.
- Determining requirements, developing simulation software, creating software designs and test plans, and integrating and developing interfaces to 3rd party software.
To succeed in this role you should have an understanding of discrete-event and frame-based simulation and an ability to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
Technical Environment: object oriented programming, C++, CMake, svn/git, Linux and Windows, Agile software development process
The VWC core environment software team is developing a new Input/Output methodology to be utilized across all of our toolsets. Current standards must be understood and utilized while also managing new technologies as they emerge. The ability to translate amongst different tools and create a truly agnostic I/O layer is the end goal.
You will be an integral part of the core simulation environment software team as we integrate new and emerging technologies. Flexibility is key as new ideas lead to innovation and excellence across the team.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance (post-start)
- 4+ Years Cross Platform Development
- 1+ Year of Simulation Related Software experience
- Familiarity with DIS, HLA, or other simulation architectures
- Familiarity with AFSIM/VISE/AVF software
- Experience with OITL experimentation
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Experience working autonomously in closed areas with little to no supervision
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.