Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart home.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Smart Home team is responsible for developing Smart Home Skill API, managing the smart device life cycle that includes setup, discovery, control and state. As an Engineer on the team, you will develop highly scalable services to manage billions of smart device connected to Alexa through cloud. Your work will span across Alexa skills, voice user interfaces, cloud services, and a rapidly-growing ecosystem of IoT devices. You will help lay the foundation to move from directed device interactions to learned behaviors that span multiple devices throughout the home. You will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the Smart phones 10 years ago, we believe Smart Home Ecosystem has rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 10+ years experience building production software systems
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining interfaces using Service Oriented Architecture
· Master's degree in Computer Science
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts