Amazon's Weblab team enables experimentation at massive scale to help Amazon build better products for customers. A/B testing is in Amazon's DNA and we're at the core of how Amazon innovates on behalf of customers. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to help us build the future of experimentation systems at Amazon.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon and its customers. You enjoy building large scale and high performance big data systems but also have a bias for delivering simple solutions to complex problems. You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You're a thought leader and you demonstrate this by delivering solutions, not just by having ideas. You challenge yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You develop strong working relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
About us together:
We're going to help Amazon innovate faster and smarter by designing and delivering the next generation of experimentation systems. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly insurmountable challenges. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is better than each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
We have decades of combined experience on the team in many areas of engineering and data science so it's a great environment in which to learn and grow. A/B testing is one of the hottest areas of big data research and development in the world today and this is a chance to learn how it works in the company known for pioneering its use.
· BS degree in Computer Science, or related field with 4+ years relevant experience.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, Java, or Python.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience building and operating real-time large-scale machine learning or big data systems.
· Strong Statistics or Mathematical Science background.