The Small Business Divisional Sales Manager (SB DSM) is responsible for delivering financial performance, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, and employee satisfaction within a Retail Distribution Market. This position will focus on achieving aggressive sales growth targets, driving service performance and consistency and ensuring overall efficiency for the Division.
· Manage a team of Small Business Bankers (typically 4-20 direct reports) within assigned territories. This includes hiring and ongoing performance management.
· Coaches, teaches and serves as role model for Area Directors, Branch Managers and Personal Bankers within the segment (and Retail partners in the expanded segment) on how to improve the customer experience, sales, service, processes and operations.
· Implements strategies and develops sales action plans to deliver revenue, profit and improve efficiencies for the division. Focus activities on highest potential and highest probability opportunities in prescribed market.
· Executes a disciplined sales management process through inspection and coaching of Area Directors, Branch Managers, Business Bankers and Personal Bankers to be highly effective at their jobs. The SB DSM has consistent performance management routines in place to ensure Managers and Individual Performers are held accountable for both the "how" and the "what."
· Leads a major market and is an expert on the opportunities and challenges of the Small Business customer and trade area base for that market.
· Performs weekly visits to field focused on driving small business efforts within the Division to inspect and improve customer advocacy and customer satisfaction.
· Develops consistent management routines to drive results, share best practices, manage performance, set clear expectations, and keep team focused on business goals.
· Digests and assimilates vast communications across the Bank, sharing key messages and priorities with staff such as business strategy, customer offers, and marketing campaigns.
· Establishes and maintains key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments to create opportunities for growth.
· Identifies and develops high potential employees in order to build Division bench strength or other opportunities within Citi.
· Ensures operational integrity and compliance with bank policies and procedures.
· Manages and controls risk, expenses and activities for Division. Meet Division targets and identify opportunities to improve.
· Effectively communicates with all partners across, up and down to optimize results.
· Drives the credit process and reviews and assists Area Directors with approval for credit appeals and exception pricing decisions. Ensures profitability targets are met.
Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years related business experience; 5 plus years of sales management experience; 5 plus years of business banking experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, motivate and influence a sales team. Proven track record of results.
• Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork with a style of being able to influence both those in direct reporting lines as well as colleagues.
• Strong knowledge of business banking segment and commercial banking products and services. Credit trained and proficient in credit knowledge, structuring, negotiating deals appropriate to the segment. Knowledge of banking and banking-type products.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information that demonstrates command of the information and ability to connect with their audience
• Proven Customer Service orientation.
• Strong analytical/problem solving. Addresses issues with thoughtfulness and urgency.
- Job ID: 17068784