At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Ping Identity SRE, you will be involved in every facet of our On-Demand SaaS services. From conceptual design of interconnected sub-systems to network design, platform testing and analysis, security policy, service troubleshooting, and application performance, Ping SREs own responsibility for application performance, monitoring, and adherence to SLAs. Everything needs to just work, all the time... and you’re the one who’s responsible. If things need to get fixed in the middle of the night, you’re the one to get it done.
Working within the Infrastructure Operations team, you’ll be expected to wear many hats. From first responder to performance analysis, system architect, capacity planning, and systems support. We follow a DevOps model: Our teams are integrated and running continuous deployments daily. SREs are expected to provide input wherever possible in the product’s development, deployment, design, and operations.
- Linux systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Running and maintaining our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Administration of virtualized platforms on various cloud providers (public and private).
- Analysis of complex system behavior, performance and application issues.
- Development of monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple data centers.
- Capacity analysis and planning, traffic routing, and security policies for Ping’s market leading Single Sign-On SaaS applications.
- Develop, maintain and administration of cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Participate in part of an on call rotation schedule.
- 5+ years experience with Linux/UNIX systems administration.
- 2+ years Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Bash/Go/etc.)
- Solid experience with server configuration via Puppet/Ansible/Salt.
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Mesos/Kubernetes) preferred.
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka, and MySQL.
- IP networking, including familiarity with the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Strong Jenkins background and experience with Artifactory and build pipelines.