Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
Amazon Go is looking for a Support Engineer (SE) to maintain and service hardware-software integrated systems and be responsible for the readiness and performance of the field service workforce in their geographic area of responsibility. They will define aggressive service level agreements and drive adherence through metric development, analysis and reporting. They will drive corrective action for system, training or tool deficiencies that impede performance standards to be met. They will be accountable for ensuring training, tools and equipment are maintained and available. They will coordinate training and engineering documentation development and define diagnostic tool specifications and requirements for providing engineering support services. They will coordinate and schedule downtimes with operations and system owners when necessary to deploy new or updated hardware or software. They will lead identification, documentation and communication of tool, training or system enhancements that reduce the mean-time to repair or replace hardware and improve the customer experience. They will foster an environment of continuous improvement and look for ways to simplify and improve engineering support services.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbal, and possess 5-7+ years of combined experience providing technical engineering support or tactical project management of technical initiatives. Candidates possessing a background in operations or network engineering support who have transitioned to a project management discipline, possess a Bachelor’s Degree, or have people management experience will have a distinct advantage.
The candidate must be comfortable working across multiple teams to resolve technical issues and possess the ability to facilitate technical discussions to troubleshoot issues, remove barriers, drive root cause resolution and follow all possible avenues to get the job done. A successful candidate will be able to undertake a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical integrated systems, network infrastructure and related hardware. The candidate will also possess a unique blend of engineering skills that enable them to work with circuit boards, hand tools, power tools and machine shop equipment as well as databases, servers, and wireless networks. They must be able to switch from complex to routine tasks when required and bring business context to technical decisions. The ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and products is a must. The candidate should have a track record of delivering quality, thorough engineering support.
· Bachelors degree in a technical field (computer science, math, engineering (any discipline) or related subject matter) AND 5-7+ years of combined experience providing technical engineering support or tactical project management of technical initiatives OR 10+ years of combined experience providing technical engineering support or tactical project management of technical initiatives (as a substitute for a degree)
· Broad knowledge of enterprise infrastructure
· Strong crisis management skills
· Ability and willingness to provide 24x7 customer services
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team
· Demonstrated leadership abilities
· Must be able to perform physical labor (such as lifting over 45 lbs.), work on a ladder and intricate repairs that require physical dexterity
· Experience working with hand and power tools
· Experience with supply chain management and navigating logistic challenges in field operating environments
· Advanced degree in a technical field (computer science, math, information systems, engineering (any discipline) or related subject matter)
· Proven ability to influence the technical and business strategy of an engineering support or related technical team by making insightful contributions to the team’s priorities and approach
· Experience with network troubleshooting, electrical and mechanical schematic drawings and technical writing
· Skilled at functionally decomposing complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
· Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture and engineering best practices
· Seasoned at mentoring individuals and teams on advanced technical issues
· Technical depth and experience in a programming language or command-line interface
· Demonstrated ability and/or experience in a customer support role within a Technology Company with a large installed product base