The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of RF hardware for a new, next generation tactical radio product. This individual will be a member of a cross functional development team with hands on responsibility for the RF hardware development from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability work within a large engineering team are required.
Duties includes design, specifications, and test of frequency converters, LO generation circuits, low noise and power amplifiers, antenna and ADC & DAC interfaces, filters, module and hybrid layout and construction, engineering proof-of-concept testing, transition and support to production.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of RFcircuits and subsystems including requirements management, system architecture, design/analysis, integration, and test.
• Responsible for RF subsystem and circuit design up to 2.6 GHz, including multi-octave wideband designs.
• Power amplifier design using wideband efficiency techniques and waveform linearity analysis
• ADS linear and non-linear simulation of RFcircuitry, component and layout models along with EMPro simulation
• Filter simulation and design, including tuning, optimization and yield analysis
• Concurrent Engineering techniques supporting Manufacturing/Purchasing/Test Engineering
• Initial “debugging”, testing and system integration of prototype hardware
• Detailed circuit level design verification testing
• Power savings analysis and optimization
• SPICE Simulation and electronic circuit design
• Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or similar field and 10+ years of related electrialengineeringexperience (or 8+ years’ electricalengineeringexperience including a Master’s degree)
• Experience in Cosite analysis and Cosite mitigation techniques.
• Experience in frequency converter detail design, and transmit and receive cascade analysis
• Experience with RF & Microwave circuit card design and PWB layout.
• Experience with linear, non-linear, and layout modeling, Keysight ADS or Genesys.
• Experience with 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic simulation using Momentum and HFSS.
• Must have experience designing state of the art RF electronic circuits
• Must have experience designing multi-octave power amplifiers covering VHF, UHF and L-Band frequencies.
• Must have experience in lumped element and distributed microstrip/stripline filter design.
• Must have experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators et.al.
• Must have experience with RF CAE design tools including ADS and Momentum.
• Must have radio system design and integration experience.
• Must have proven problem solving, prioritization and planning skills.
• Must be capable of assessing and communicating risk to management and applying mitigating techniques.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Detailed knowledge of and ability to perform cascade analysis of Gain, Noise Figure, Noise Power, Intercept Point, output power, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of the design and performance characteristics and limitations of amplifiers, oscillators, mixers, filters, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of and ability to perform frequency planning of receivers and transmitters
• Detailed knowledge of common modulation methods such as BPSK, QPSK, QAM, etc.
• Experience with Harris/RF Communications core systems including Agile, DxDesigner and PADS.
• Knowledge of the assembly techniques of printed wiring circuit cards and chip & wire hybrids.
• Detailed knowledge of lumped and distributed element design of common RF passive components such as power splitters, bias tees, filters, matching networks, etc.
• Ability to mentor junior engineers.
• Strong self-motivated technical lead with proven ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to successful closure with ability to work within budget and schedule.
• DoD secret clearance.
• Exposure to Digital Signal Processing or Communications Systems desirable
• Exposure to test scripting programming language such as LabView and/or Matlab desirable
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Job ID: CS20172606-19488