Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests.
We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street.
This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
The Senior Research Contract Specialist leads the coordination and compliance review of Allina Health research agreements, amendments, and work orders with research sponsors and various other research contractors. in addition, the Senior Contracts Specialist initiates and works closely with the Research Operations Manager to develop, implement, and maintain contract review processes. This position reports to the Research Operations Manager and is responsible for the following responsibilities:
Legal review and coordinator for research agreements, amendments, and work orders between Allina and research sponsors according to Allina Health established contracting guidelines.
- Independently leads agreement reviews between researcher managers/directors and study sponsors and if necessary, with input from Allina legal, risk management, research compliance, and leadership, according to established department guidelines
- Primary reviewer on majority of research agreements with minimal supervision
- Main point of contact for research manager/directors as it relates to contract review status and questions
- Escalates issues and questions to Allina Legal and/or department management as needed per established guidelines and informed judgment
Assist with development and training of junior contracting staff members.
- Assist in training and development of new research contracting staff
- Work with management to develop training curricula
- Assist in junior staff member’s understanding of research contracting policy, process and guidance and when to escalate issues to management and/or legal
Legal review and coordination of provider and non-provider agreements between Allina and independent contractors.
- Draft (if needed) and review other research agreements including provider and non-provider service agreements
- Serve as Contract Admin Designee for research provider arrangements (see Allina Health CAD job description)
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders on developing a process for intake of these agreements, review process, and execution
Work closely with Research Operations Manager and internal stakeholders to develop agreement submission, review, and approval/signature guidance, tools, and processes.
- Create guidance for internal contracting standards and research site requirements in collaboration with Research Operations management and key stakeholders including Legal and Risk
- Organize stakeholder meetings either ad hoc or regularly scheduled to develop and update process tools
- Proactively explore the development and implementation of contract review tools and guidance to streamline processes
- Assist in the development and execution of communication plans for new or updated process roll-out
- Initiate, participate in, and contribute to process improvements
Organization, tracking, and communication of agreement progress and/or issues.
- Support maintenance of tracking log of all agreement reviews and progress
- Provide support to regular tracking and reporting of Research Operations agreement review metrics
- Organize and manage regular meetings and/or progress notifications with research sites and Research Operations management to review issues and/or communicate on progress
- Effectively communicate and collaborate within a matrixed environment with varying professional levels
Functions as key resource/subject matter expert on research contracting issues and processes.
- Assists Research Operations Manager, researchers and otherinternal stakeholders in resolving complex research contracting and contract management issues
- Central liaison between research sites and internal stakeholder areas to ensure research contracting compliance and updates are communicated (insurance for non-employed physicians)
- Stay apprised of important changes in clinical research guidance and regulations
Provide ongoing support to and collaborate in the development of research contract process education for internal researchers.
- Work closely with the Research Operations/Research Ops management in the development of education as it relates to research agreements
- Assist in drafting the development of yearly education plan as it relates to research agreements and/or regulations
- Deliver education to researchers as needed
Support Research Administration and Research Compliance with special projects and/or requested duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of research contracting experiencerequired
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in research, healthcare, legal, or compliance; 3+ years or more experience in general contract review and negotiation
- Strong experience with government regulations related to research; ability to interpret government requirements/regulations required
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or process management.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading teams and/or collaborative process improvement
- Ability to align individual or team goals to overarching business unit and organizational strategy
- Experience with policy/process development
- Experience providing education and training
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
Requisition # 35790BR