Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) is seeking a self-driven individual to complement our team as a Senior Proposal Manager for this dynamic and rapidly changing organization. The position is located in Reston, VA, is part of a cross-functional team and reports to the Manager, Proposal Deliverables.
As a Sr. Proposal Manager you will work with Account Management Executives, Project Developers, Engineers, Operations / SME’s, Contracts, Pricing and HR staff members in managing, developing and shaping the Proposal Strategy in terms of identifying competitive differentiators, defining the flow and organization of the proposal, to create the storyline for a winning proposal. You will coordinate the proposal preparation activities as a working manager, and are responsible for a timely submission that is not just compliant but captures the essence of the customer’s requirements.
- · Manage and coordinate the proposal strategy process and project.
- · Facilitate key thematic working sessions such as Solution Development, Win Themes & Discriminators, and then track and apply outcomes to the proposal.
- · Manage proposal planning and scheduling.
- · Prepare and conduct Proposal Kick-Off and “Tag-Up” status meetings.
- · Coordinate SMEs and other cross-functional resources to proposal production schedules, activities, expectations, and virtual proposal production tools.
- · Create pre-proposal artifacts such as writer guides, proposal communications plans, and requirements-driven outlines.
- · “Shredding” the RFP to create compliance matrices, annotated outlines, and page budgeting based upon evaluation criteria and other determinants.
- · Coordinate and plan team reviews and compliance audits.
- · Assign support personnel (editors, graphic artists, production, delivery, etc.).
- · Manage and support RFI / RFQ and Draft RFP response activities.
- · Develop detailed proposal plans, where required, then create and track schedules and budgets.
- · Report on status (when required) to senior management for key opportunities.
- · Ensure proposal activities are executed in accordance with pertinent legal regulations and Company policies / procedures, and, where permissible, tailor processes and procedures as required by the size, scope, scale and timing of the opportunity.
- · Present the proposal’s status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals (as required) to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle.
- · Research and gather data, proposal artifact re-use, and assistance with appropriate use of graphics and non-prose communications techniques.
- · Work with management to staff the proposal with properly skilled people. Liaise with Operations entities for SMEs and other skilled proposal contributors. Manage Federal proposals and proposal staff prior to and during proposal development phase.
- · Manage post-Draft RFP proposal preparation activities and develop / refine the Annotated Outline once the RFP is released. Staff and facilitate the Critical Review (Color) Teams.
- · Request and acquire appropriate resources / consultants for the proposal.
- · Participate in de-briefs and develop lessons learned for future proposal efforts.
- · Support development of proposal resource library (both text and visual aids)
- · Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in the Federal Market
- · Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing a wide range of Federal Government proposal efforts
- · BA or BS in the liberal arts or related field preferred; however, will consider work experience in lieu of degree.
- · Working knowledge of Government Procurement regulations (FAR / DFARS, et al.) and procurement integrity ethics and strictures is required.
- · Proven success in running structured and “impromptu” proposal efforts.
- · Experience with third party financed Federal proposals such as ESPC is highly preferred.
- · Ability to clearly articulate detailed methods and best practices for managing a proposal development effort.
- · Expert writing and editing skills
- · Demonstrated record in leading, managing and influencing high-performing teams.
- · Ability to support or lead win theme development and brainstorming.
- · PMP®, APMP® or similar credential is highly desirable.
- · Working knowledge/experience with MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Privia, SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
- · BD / Capture experience in commercial, industrial or energy sectors is highly desirable.
· Strong and flexible work ethic.
Requisition Number: 209926