Employee will be responsible for applying measurement science methodology principles and performing related analyses while creating, revising and releasing calibration procedures that certify that calibrated measurement and test equipment meets required contractual and government standards. This Metrology Engineer will also possess the ability to analyze and evaluate hardware/software test requirements & specifications in order to determine proper equipment specifications and calibration intervals. Candidate shall also be very familiar with metrology related concepts such as traceability, measurement tolerance/uncertainty and industry calibration standards such as ANSI/NCSL Z540 and ISO 17025 requirements. Potential areas of focus will be the calibration of: AC/DC Electrical, RF/mWave and Antenna technologies up to systems level applications.
In addition, this position will involve extensive coordination and collaboration with Raytheon associates in order to ensure compliance with customer requirements, and/or while providing recommendations for adequate types of electrical test equipment. Applicant will also be required to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced metrology engineers by developing and implementing associated training plans.
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Experience required in gathering and analyzing technical data from a variety of sources, extract relevant information and compile in written procedures and specifications.
- Experience required in reading and interpreting Engineering drawings, procedures, specifications, wire lists, and schematics.
- Disciplined problem solving approach to all engineering tasks (testing. documentation, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, related software applications and Microsoft Office tools suite.
- Self-starter able to solve problems independently but also work as part of a team, as required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to prioritize tasks and activities
- Ability to operate, RF/uWave Hardware and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf Test Equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers, DMMs, etc.)
- Ability to determine if a failure is due to the hardware or the process.
- Basic programing skills.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Previous Metrology Engineering and Test equipment experience
- RADAR Systems, Design & or Test Development Background
- Assist program, functional, and business management in making informed decisions regarding supportability process, analytical, and testing methods/strategies
- Familiarity with Metrology laboratory rules and operating procedures
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Physics