Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Mechanical and/or Aerospace Structural Engineer with a background in aerospace structures and mechanical systems.
The successful candidate will combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The ideal candidate will have experience designing entire vehicle structure, as well as detail parts and mechanical systems. They must enjoy problem solving and possess practical knowledge of prototype design as well as production run high tech manufacturing methods as it pertains to structures and mechanical systems.
The Mechanical and/or Aerospace Structural Engineer will be responsible for:
· Designing vehicle structures, and mechanical systems
· Assist in designing static and dynamic tests for structure and mechanical subsystems to meet industry standards for strength and lifecycle requirements
· Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production, including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification.
· Working with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and outside vendors to ensure a smooth transition to production.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· BS or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Engineering or Material Sciences.
· 5+ years of composite design experience
· 7+ years of experience in the analysis of complex structural aerospace designs and testing
· Comfortable designing models and understanding designs made in current high end CAD packages CATIA preffered.
· Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Robotics engineering and design.
· Experience with Thermal Analysis and modeling a plus.
· Familiar with MRB (Material Review Board) practices as it pertains to aerospace manufacturing
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
· A "maker" mentality
· Able to work independently
· Aviation experience