Senior Manager - Human Resources
8 - 10 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for specific locations and facilities. This is a multi-site facility in Winchester.
This position will report to the HR Operations leader for North America with dotted line responsibility to the onsite Director, Operations.
- Implementing and coordinating policies and programs covering most, if not all, of the following functions within Human Resources: talent management, wage and salary administration, employee development, employee promotion or placement, employee orientation, safety and health, and employee recognition.
- Manage all labor relations situations and, when necessary, represent the Company in unemployment and worker's compensation hearings, as well as other legal forums.
- This individual will provide HR support to all manufacturing and professional associates in our Winchester, VA facility(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7 - 10 years of related work experience with at least 5 years in an HR management/leadership position
- Strong professional presence and the ability to interface with every level in the organization
- Previous experience working in a matrix organization
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing and/or distribution facility
- Strong conflict management experience and proven track record in resolving complex employee issues
- Strong judgment/problem solving skills
- Superior Teamwork Skills
- Superior Communication Skills
- Experience presenting in front of both small and large groups
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Consumer Products Industry Experiencepreferred
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Job ID 1702649.