Responsible for facilitating the development, management and implementation of the National Patient Care Services Quality and Patient Safety strategy in partnership with National Function quality leaders and regional leadership team. Serves as improvement leader and advisor to the Senior Vice President of NPCS.
- Partners with external organizations to benchmark, scan for external changes and develop National Patient Care Services improvement strategy to achieve performance excellence in quality and patient safety, such as the Veterans Administration Improvement Program (VASQIP).
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the Cross Regional Nursing Operational and Strategic Council workstream for nursing quality and safety.
- Aligns improvement strategy with all NDNQI nurse-sensitive indicators, including CALNOC and NDNQI.
- Leads NPCS improvement strategy, oversees and guides the progress and accountabilities of the quality work group in partnership with the Cross Regional Nursing Strategic and Operational Council tri-chairs for nursing across all regions in inpatient and ambulatory settings and the continuum of care.
- Serves as expert on performance improvement tools and techniques.
- Promotes incorporating successful practices from other locations.
- Consults with regional and local team in the collecting and analyzing data for decisions.
- Reviews reliability of process redesign and viability of sustainability plans.
- Partners with Organizational Development, Quality, UBT consultants, finance and others to develop comprehensive performance improvement and performance excellence system.
- Prepares National Nursing Leadership Council (NNLC), National Quality Committee (NQC), Quality and Health Improvement Committee (QHIC) reports for discussion in collaboration with the tri-chairs of the Cross Regional Nursing Operational and Strategic Council.
- Facilitates project requests and assesses fit with available resources and skills, as well as strategic fit and value to company.
- Advises on project portfolio ensuring alignment with nursing strategy and delivery of measurable results.
- Incorporates connection to robust project plans with assigned timeframes and accountabilities for results.
- Organizes and tracks milestones and deadlines while transitioning ownership of performance improvement processes to regional and local operational leaders.
- Works with national nursing leaders to facilitate program success using appropriate metrics and methodologies and provides a structured response to issues.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of directly related experience, to include seven (7) years experiencenurse-sensitive indicators and quality improvement required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related management experience, with three (3) years managing acute care and/or ambulatory care required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) Required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certification as a Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), offered through National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), or obtain certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Partners with national, regional and local leaders and staff to integrate stakeholder views in support of common goals, and guides teams to enhance their capabilities in the areas of systems thinking and performance improvement.
- Provides professional/technical guidance to team members.
- Influences others to buy into new concepts and methodologies.
- Engages in matters requiring coordination across functional lines.
- Four (4) years experience managing operational or project budgets preferred.
- Three (3) years project management and/or process improvement experience, or related certification (e.g., PMP, Lean Six Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Master's degree or Doctoral (Ph.D N) degree in nursing administration, healthcare administration, or directly related field preferred.
Job Number: 722797