VitalSmarts is seeking a savvy Senior Director of DigitalMarketing to join its award-winning B2B Marketing Team. This person will own the strategic direction and execution of all digital marketing efforts with the objective of creating engaging content experiences to generate qualified leads and drive sales pipeline.
This position requires a strong understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, including paid digital advertising, conversion rate optimization, marketing automation, and web analytics. The ideal candidate will have vast experience developing and leading multi-channeldigital marketing campaigns, as well as the experience and ability to effectively lead a digital marketing team.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and sales teams to generate digital marketing campaigns with the goal to increase response rates, engagement, and drive measurable pipeline.
- Play a key role as a member of the marketing leadership team to execute and innovate on overall marketing strategy.
- Own the marketing database and design interactions to deepen our relationship with both prospects and customers through a broad range of marketing activities.
- Manage audience segmentation, including number of touches, engagement, unsubscribes, and audience size.
- Understand and implement all facets of lead nurturing and marketing automation, including list segmentation, emails, campaign automation, landing pages, and reporting.
- Craft lead nurturing programs for trigger-based and drip communications that advance prospects through the buying cycle.
- Work with web site developers to ensure digital marketing campaigns are fully optimized and that all required lead acquisition components, lead routing, and processes are working effectively.
- Report on the business impact of all digital marketing efforts and monitor database and IP address health.
- Communicate with key stakeholders across the company regarding all aspects of digital marketing activities.
- Oversee API integrations of other marketing technology systems into the automation platform (Marketo) as needed.
- Optimize lead flow between the marketing automation platform (Marketo) and the sales CRM (Salesforce.com), making sure the two systems are communicating effectively to get the desired outcomes.
- Manage the digital marketing team workload, requesting resources and suggesting improvements as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in a related digital marketing or demand generation role, preferably B2B.
- A proven track record developing successful B2B campaigns, leveraging a vast array of marketing tactics including social media marketing, paid search, email marketing, display advertising, and marketing automation.
- Proficiency in Marketo (or similar platform) to manage email marketing, form creation and optimization, campaigns, lead scoring, lead routing, smart campaigns, landing page design, custom objects, nurture campaigns, and advanced analytics.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com CRM to manage SFDCcampaigns, lead routing, lead and contact database sync, and the Marketo Sales Insight functionality.
- Ability to strategically plan and execute digital marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Strong ability to write effective marketing copy with the customer in mind.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage simultaneous campaigns while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
- Track record of successfully managing a sophisticated digital marketing team.
- Strong relationship management skills; specifically working alongside a B2B sales team as a trusted marketing partner.
- Solid presentation skills with the ability to create engaging, inspiring presentations that effectively articulate the vision of the digital marketing team and create trust across the organization.
- Understanding of how the digital marketing function fits into the larger marketing/sales ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or related field.