Kaiser Permanente of Washington is currently seeking a Senior Director - Continuing Care to join our fantastic leadership team in Seattle, WA!
This is an exciting key strategic leadership opportunity within our organization! In this role, you will be responsible for oversight of a robust continuing care program with significant resources including a budget of $35.5 million dollars, over 325 employees and 15 direct reports. Kaiser Permanente of Washington is seeking an individual that will ensure the marketplace competitiveness of Continuing Care (post-acute care services) programs for the Puget Sound Region of KPWA.
In partnership with our Medical Director of Continuing Care (CC), you will be directly accountable for strategic direction and leadership to develop and implement the following post-acute care services:
Nursing Home Services - Skilled and Long-Term Care Rounding Services, the Medical House Calls Program, Dialysis Rounding and Health Plan directed care management functions for SNF.
In this role you will be a key strategic leader responsible for ensuring marketplace competitiveness of Continuing Care (post-acute care services) programs for the PSR region of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington. In partnership with Medical Director of Continuing Care (CC), this individual will be directly accountable for strategic direction and leadership to develop and implement the following post-acute care services: Home Health, Palliative Care, Hospice, Home Infusion Program, Nursing Home Services skilled and long-term care rounding services, the Medical House Calls Program, Dialysis Rounding and Health Plan directed care management functions for SNF. You will develop, lead and support systems for effective planning, implementation, monitoring and be responsible for decision-making regarding post acute-care services to ensure services meet clinical, service and cost goals. You will have responsibility for leading the clinical operation and fiscal management to include billing department functions in Home Health and Hospice, and will provide strategic direction for IT solutions necessary to support the work of multidisciplinary virtual teams and CMS regulated billing functions.
- Operational Excellence: Provides leadership to assess and continually improve CC programs to meet clinical, service and cost goals. Integrates CC program design in close collaboration with the Care Delivery, health plan and network service and care management leaders. Ensures that CC programs meets State/Federal and other regulatory governing body requirements and industry standards. Oversees the development & continuous improvement of operational plans designed to achieve CC goals. Oversees Home Health and Hospice billing to ensure compliance with CMS regulations. Works collaboratively with APPLE leaders, Consultative Specialty Services, Primary Care Services, Network Services Division and Care Management colleagues to achieve care continuum goals. Ensures systems & supports are in place for maintaining & monitoring clinical, financial and general regulatory standards for all CC program areas. Develops and implements Lean tools and techniques to ensure standard processes.
- Human Resource Management/Staff Engagement: Accountable for performance and development of 300+ clinical and business operations staff across CC. Ensures performance of clinical staff according to state practice standards and union contracts for 6+ disciplines and KFHPW standards for virtual teams across CC. Ensures the development of performance and development plans for clinical and business operations staff that are consistent with CC program goals. Oversee workforce planning across CC programs to ensure the hiring of individuals who exemplify the values of the organization. Assess, develop, and strengthen the talent and customer-focus of managers and staff. Develop and nurture management structures, systems and processes which enable highly functional managers and teams to engage staff in achieving Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington's goals. Promote and reinforce a leadership culture and values that support achievement of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington's mission and vision.
- Strategic Planning: Ensure marketplace competitiveness for all Continuing Care programs. Influences and educates organizational leaders on legislative/regulatory requirements and industry trends. Coordinates strategic decision making for related health plan and delivery system strategies as it relates to Continuing Care Programs. Ensure the alignment of KFHPW strategic initiatives with CC. Develops the CC IT strategy for virtual staff that ensures business functionality and ensure compliance with State/Federal and KFHPW regulatory requirements. This includes strategic decision-making for the current Home Health and Hospice stand-alone EMR and the implications for integration with other IT solutions across the organization. Understands state & national home health/hospice and SNF issues that may impact KFHPW. Functions as KFHPW's content expert for all issues related to the program areas within CC & educates internal KFHPW departments and KFHPW strategic partners.
- Contract Management: In conjunction with provider relations team, oversee the contract management for over 20+ contracted nursing home facilities and HH and Hospice Agencies. Manages contracted providers relationships and ensures their ability to meet requirements in accordance with KFHPW standards. Establishes cost, service and clinical quality performance metrics for contracted facilities and agencies to ensure affordable excellence for our patients receiving care by these facilities or agencies.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a senior management role within the home care and/or skilled nursing facility industry.
- Master's degree in business, health care, or public administration
License, Certification, Registration
- Prior experience with leadership of change initiatives involving clinical practice and/or care coordination issues and management.
- Current knowledge of federal and state regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Ability to identify strategic objectives, develop a business plan, and implement strategies.
- Excellent management and leadership competencies per KFHPW standards, particularly in performance management and team development.
- Two (2) years of experience within a managed care setting.
- Prior management experience within a horizontally integrated delivery system, actively involved in industry associations and developing clinical guidelines or pathways.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and facilitation skills.