The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Senior Compliance Engineer you will work closely with the design teams throughout the product life cycle by specifying regulatory and safety requirements, completing pre-testing of the Hardware platforms developed by the design team and supporting the team through product execution, ultimately assisting the team to obtain the required regulatory compliance and safety certifications on the devices. The Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes. Key responsibilities include:
· Create processes to ensure the Compliance Team communicates policies and processes – as it relates to regulatory compliance (FCC, CE, global)
· Work with Legal to ensure confidential submission processes are followed for proper agency approvals (FCC, CE, CSA, and or UL )
· Determining and interpreting the relevant compliance and safety standards to test our hardware against based on our specific use case
· Establishing and maintaining guides lines and best design practices to mitigate compliance and safety issues early in the design phase
· Participate, provide inputs and approve mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and safety mitigations are properly implemented in the design
· Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI and UL/CSA safety compliance to test the safety and compliance of the designs during development (pre-compliance testing).
· Root cause determination and corrective design action for any failures
· Filing official paperwork and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE for EMI/EMC, UL and CSA for safety)
· Responsible for artwork for labels as required by certification bodies
· Stay current on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar technical discipline.
· 7+ years of EMI/ESD hands on compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience and/or product safety
· Experience in submissions for official certification through relevant compliance bodies such as FCC, CE, CSA or UL across multiple shipping products
· Experiences of working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
· Proven track record of role modeling a collaborative teamwork environment
· Ability to move quickly and work in an ambiguous environment
· Experience certifying and shipping products into international markets such as the EU or Asia.
· Experience with worldwide environmental compliance such as ROHS, REACH and WEEE.