The Senior Business Objects Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality solutions using Business Objects. Candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of designing solutions to meet customer demands and be willing to take ownership of problems and work with team members to deliver solutions that meet customer needs. Candidate may be required to evaluate and incorporate other software or databases into customer solutions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Independently lead large projects from the inception, delivery and support using the team and other employees as needed.
- Manage as the project manager, business analyst, architect, design and UAT.
- Mentor, train and lead the Jr. Business Objects developers in technology and business processes.
- Design and support high level Dashboards for the Board of Directors and management of the firm.
- Both client and web based.
- Design, Develop and Architect Business Objects universes for ad hoc/self-service reporting.
- Reporting out of a complex data warehouse for accounting/finance users.
- Design and create user friendly reports for demanding end users.
- Additional duties as identified.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in IT preferred; related work may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 6+ years' experiencepreferred with Business Objects (or related products), preferably in an environment which included a Data Warehouse and/or data mart using a major RDMS (SQL Server and/or Oracle) with a focus on self-service reporting. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Experience managing universe and report changes through environments (development to production).
- Ability to analyze complex problems and business requirements, recommend innovative alternatives and solutions and to implement complex, innovative solutions.
- Xcelsius and Dashboard design experience a plus
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting in a professional services or legal firm environment is a plus, especially with Thomson Elite software.
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints with verbal or written instructions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers.
- Experience with data warehouses and universes.
- Experience creating and consuming Web Intelligence report (or related product).
- Experience in SQL server and TSQL.
- Experience with troubleshooting non-recurring and performance-related Business Object (or related product) problems.
- Strong written and verbal skills from both business and technical perspectives.
- Experience with Accounting/Finance terms and ideas.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with a penchant to provide high quality work.
- Desire to learn new skills and continuously improve.
- Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.
*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.