Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
The Salesforce Architect is responsible for architecting Salesforce solutions that integrate with existing enterprise applications. This Architect will own the full application process that translates business requirements into functional solutions. This position will provide governance and best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle: design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support. The Architect is expected to provide Salesforce technical leadership for a team of developers, admins and analysts.The Architect is expected to demonstrate leadership expertise to execute strategic direction as well as significant depth of technical expertise in Salesforce architecture.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Own the full application architecture process that translates business requirements into functional solutions.
- Provide governance and best practices/ standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle (design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support).
- Work closely with business and IT leaders to provide technical solutions (including “out of box" solutions) to complex business needs.
- Research, recommend and implement AppExchange applications and Salesforce upgrades tohelp meet business needs.
- Provide Salesforce technical leadership for team of developers, admins and analysts.
- Provide hands-on assistance to maintain Salesforce configurations, APEX classes, admin tasks, queries and reports as needed.
- Document current and future state processes and develops technical specifications for projects and enhancements.
- Collaborate with project managers to Identify project milestones, tasks, and requiredresources to develop a detailed project plan.
- Aid end-user application support (troubleshooting errors, managing support tickets, and testing solutions) and release management (migration, refreshes, version control and deployment) as needed. Serve as an escalation point for support issues.
- Lead design of technical end to end solution for business processes using Sales Cloud, Service Cloud & Force.com platform.
- Work with internal technical team members representing back office applications todesign seamless integration between the applications, particularly ERP and financial applications.
- Recommend build vs. buy options for integrations within the Force.com platform
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all Salesforce product offerings and solutions.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in SaaS solutions and technologies.
III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesDue to the advanced nature of this job, some informal supervisory duties, such as delegation of tasks, may be required.IV. QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary toperform the job.
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience and a record of success supporting a fast-paced business organization, providing functional and technical expertise, while applying best practices and leveraging core capabilities.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Salesforce architect in a fast-paced environment, working as a team member, leader, or individually to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- At least 2-3 years for previous Salesforce development experience including strong working knowledge and ability to code APEX (classes, triggers and web services), Visual Force, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, Force.com platform.
- Experience with 3rd party BI tools and Integration technologies (web services, xml, SOAP, REST).
- Strong understanding of relational databases and other enterprise application architecture (on premise or cloud).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Salesforce architecture and governor limits and Salesforce integration components (APIs, APEX, Visual Force, SOQL and web services). Knowledge of other integration technologies is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce application including configuration, triggers, process builders, workflows, Visual Force, APEX coding, batch processes and, database design.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, Visual Force pages, workflows, and configuration.
- Experience with enterprise level systems, data warehouse technologies and integration tools is highly desired.
- Strong presentation and facilitating skills.
- Experience with GitHub is desired.
- Strong functional and technical skills, project management skills, troubleshooting skills, presentation and facilitating skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I and Platform Developer II is required
- Potential Certified Salesforce Technical Architect candidate
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of thejob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.