The TPMG Regional Director Strategy & Programs works directly with a variety of medical group and hospital leaders including TPMG Regional Medical Directors; Patient care, risk and safety leaders; as well as with TPMG Associate Executive Directors to provide strategic oversight to region-wide programs and initiatives. The Regional Director will have broad responsibility for leading and/or partnering on initiatives, programs, and innovations that promote operational excellence, care experience, and joy in practice in outpatient, hospital and/or continuum settings. This position requires coordination of efforts and daily interface with regional KFH/P leadership as well as medical center TPMG and KFH/P leadership.
- Accountable for advancing areas of regional strategic priorities for multi-service lines and various programs to ensure alignment with total performance goals.
- Participates in the development and refinement of joint TPMG and KFH/P strategies and long-term strategic plan for outpatient, hospital and continuum areas.
- Shares accountability for developing and implementing region-wide approaches and solutions to improve the performance of key areas of operations.
- Provides operational leadership and consultation to TPMG & KFH/P executive leadership and service area leadership for outpatient, or hospital and/or across the continuum of care.
- Provides leadership, operational expertise, and/or counsel to regional TPMG and joint operational committees and forums.
- As a member of the regional leadership team, shares accountability for ensuring the execution of Northern California's strategy in the areas of total performance, operational excellence, exceptional care experience and joy and meaning in practice.
- Represents TPMG interests through partnership in regional and program-wide committees and initiatives and partners with KFH/P leadership to ensure alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
- Monitors and assess external environment and internal trends and practices. Adopts and implements market-leading and internal best practices where applicable. Recommends adjustments to operations to meet the changing business and market conditions.
- Identify, define, test, and evaluate opportunities for transformative changes in practice and operations.
- May manage team of directors, managers, as well as subject matter experts.
- Responsible for orientation and/or coaching of physicians in regional leadership roles.
- Minimum five (5) years of general management experience in a complex multi-faceted healthcare setting required.
- Master's degree or higher in health care, hospital, business, or public administration or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experienceworking with a large physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the healthcare industry.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in the areas of strategic planning, fiscal management, quality improvement, project management, human resources management, and compliance.
Job Number: 724960