Provides expertise and direction for hospice and palliative care clinical programs and service delivery including new program development, evidenced based practice, quality outcomes and compliance. Has the ability and decision making responsibility to determine policy and procedure and direct clinical care delivery.
- Makes needed changes in clinical and service delivery policies and procedures.
- Directs the development of clinical and service delivery policies and procedures.
- Assists the Regional Director of Operations to ensure the implementation of standardized hospice and palliative care clinical and service delivery policies and procedures in all agencies within the Region.
- Works with the Regional Director of Operations to identify the need for revisions in current clinical programs and the development of new clinical programs.
- Develops program content/structure; plans and implements new clinical programs; and works with the Quality Managers to ensure appropriate education is provided to clinical staff.
- Is accountable for ensuring ongoing positive outcomes from new clinical programs are achieved.
- Coordinates with the Regional QI Director in the development of clinical data to be utilized for standardized outcome management for hospice and palliative care.
- Leads the clinical service delivery model to ensure that patents receive safe and appropriate care.
- Responsible for planning and implementing corrective actions for clinical deficiencies identified through utilization review, clinical record audit, third-party pay or claim denials, client satisfaction surveys, and the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Coordinates with the Regional QI Director and Quality Managers to develop and implement individual/group training on clinical issues, clinical competencies and advancements in clinical treatments and procedures.
- Serves as a leader for clinical nursing practice, education, and nursing research between internal and external partners, senior leaders and patient care services staff.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the Director of Informatics to implement clinical modifications to the point of care system.
- Serves as the hospice and palliative care clinical expert to other members of the home care team and management.
- Provides hospice and palliative care clinical expertise for all hospice DPCS's in the agencies.
- Acts as the clinical expert related to eligibility and coverage requirements under third-party payers for hospice and palliative care.
- Keeps current with legislative, regulatory, community and third-party payer issues that impact clinical program development plans.
- Works directly with the Regional Executive Director to evaluate the clinical provision of care to create a culture of quality and safe patient care.
- Assists the Regional Director of Operations in meeting the clinical/patient care aspects of the Medical Center Service Agreements.
- Coordinates with Medical Center Chief Nursing Officers and nurse managers throughout the system to ensure clinical needs of patients are met.
Serves as hospice and palliative care liaison to regional nursing leadership throughout the continuum of care.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant clinical and management experience in hospice care.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required, or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license required; California RN license required by date of hire.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in hospice and palliative care.
- Ability to demonstrate communication, presentation, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change through the use of interpersonal skills such as negotiating, collaborating, and influencing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance, resource management, health plan regulatory and licensing processes
- Master's degree in a health care related field or six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
Job Number: 740113