??We are looking for Radio Communications Field Technician? for our client in ?Rochester, NY
Job Title: Radio Communications Field Technician
Job Location: ?Rochester, NY
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
As an FTV member, primary responsibilities will include:
- Testing of wireless communication products in a lab and field environments under the direction of FTV engineers
- Configuration of sophisticated data and voice communications equipment
- Performing all test and evaluation activities with an end-user focus
- Generation of detailed trouble reports when issues are discovered
Secondary duties may include:
- Assisting FTV engineers with the definition, documentation, and refinement of test scenarios
- Light maintenance and modification of fleet vehicles, facilities, and infrastructure relative to test needs
- Must be motivated, responsible, and able to function in a team environment
- Some theoretical knowledge of RF communications
- Experience with military, civil, or amateur radio communications is a plus
- A basic knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
- A high degree of familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Android computing environments
- A working knowledge of telecommunications protocols like RS232/422/485, PPP, Ethernet, ISDN, etc.
- Good general mechanical skills
- The ability to stand or walk for extended periods carrying a 20lb radio backpack
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ability to climb in and out of test vans.