The production supervisor position is accountable for managing and monitoring product production and supervising employees in a manufacturing environment. This is being done as the organization transforms into a Continuous Improvement and Lean environment. Through the application of Total Productive Maintenance and other continuous improvement methods and tools, the supervisor position manages the production processes to centerline standards and develops individual and team member's capabilities and contributions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The production supervisor position is accountable for delivery of performance results through effective execution in monitoring, managing production processes, advancing continuous improvement expertise and managing people and relationships.
Role Contribution Level
This position is a Supervisor role. The position requires the incumbent to promote safe and efficient operations and establish a positive work environment with people working together. The incumbent must effectively shift from primarily completing tasks to primarily accomplishing tasks through others. He/she must value managerial work; demonstrates ability to provide effective feedback, coaching and motivation; including difficult messages.
- Be part of a values based culture where people and communities are considered important stakeholders and respect, teamwork, and giving back are key cultural guideposts.
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting difference.
- Work and standout in a flat, non-bureaucratic environment that values action orientation and speed of decision making.
- Total experience – prefer more than 3 years
Education and Work Experience
- 4 yeardegree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, or engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in a production management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplary knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Exemplary knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise with alignment between manufacturing, quality, production planning, maintenance planning, and people planning.
- Ability to manage hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs
- Ability to work a varied schedule
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Passionate leader that inspires innovative thinking
- Multi-faceted approach to problem solving
- Remains flexible in situations of ambiguity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to modify style for different audiences
- Knows where to go to find resources and has an entrepreneurial resourcefulness
- Strong business sense and excellent financial skills
- Hands-on, 'can do' attitude
- Strategic and ambitious in their career path
- Open to relocate in order to grow professionally with the organization
- Inquisitive and able to assess situations quickly