5 - 7 years
Posted 16 days ago
Reports to: Operations Manager
As delegated by the Operations Manager, responsible for managing the day-to-day production, maintenance and delivery operations of a multi-shift Plant in accordance with operating procedures and to achieve production, efficiency and quality results. Implements Plant's production planning and control; transportation and shipping/receiving; Plant and equipment maintenance program; quality control including the full compliance with FR requirements; employee health and safety programs/functions and related compliance; training and development of assigned staff for assigned areas. Position will be responsible for leadership in the absence of Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Schedules, plans and controls production activities, including the supervision of Plant Supervisors and production employees and drivers, in order to ensure continuous and efficient production in appropriate quantity and quality
· Directs quality teams and CAPA process
· Uses lean manufacturing principles to continuously improve associates and the flow of production through the facility
· Assists in the hiring, training, evaluating and development as well as handling disciplinary actions as indicated, personally or through Plant Supervisors
· Fosters positive working relationships, and responds proactively to employee concerns or problems
· Oversees compliance and enforces adherence to health and safety, DOT and Vehicle (Tractor/Trailers), and other Company and/or regulatory programs
· Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
· Investigates, and/or oversees the investigation of work related incidents, accidents and injuries
· Ensures appropriate documentation and notifications are prepared and all protocols are followed.
· Ensures the full implementation, maintenance and overall compliance of various quality control and FR programs; and ensures adherence to overall Quality Assurance programs for incoming materials, work in process, and finished goods.
· Inspects and documents required incoming raw materials samplings, monitors and analyzes Plant departmental quality review documentation, conducts regular teardown inspections, and maintains returned goods inspection program; documents and follows up on corrective actions that may be indicated.
· Collects, compiles, and analyzes data and statistics; reviews for trends, and makes appropriate system and procedural recommendations to management
· Monitors any system and/or procedural changes made to ensure expected results
· Prepares various other standard and ad hoc reports for internal analysis; use in internal analysis, hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations; and top management, plant management, plant committees and employees.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
· Implements and oversees inventory control system for tick and other raw materials
· Coordinates with other Plant personnel or Group contacts as needed. Investigates back orders and product "falldown" issues.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 5-10 years job-related experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· May involve lifting product (up to 100 lbs)
· Need solid analytical skills; with good mathematical aptitude and sound quantitative skills
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilitiesassociated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.