Are you a Production Manager with experience in production, scheduling, and shipping? Are you a Production Manager who has continuous improvement experience? Are you a Production Manager who wants to join a company whose business is continuing to grow? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for general supervision of the following: production, quality control, maintenance, and receiving, and shipping in a manufacturing environment. You will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the operation. This is a one shift operation that runs only on first shift. You will supervise up to 20 hourly employees.
- Plan and schedule manufacturing activities and supervise the shipping process.
- Make sure that good quality production of products is on time.
- Ensure maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production.
- Estimate production costs and determining the high quality standards.
- Monitor the shipping schedule and set labor schedules as required.
- Select and maintain equipment, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Have budgetary responsibilities
- Keep abreast of health and safety strategies.
- Communicate with customers and freight carriers to prevent any probable delays.
- Supervise and inspire a team of workers and review the work performance of subordinates.
Your background should include:
- Bachelor's degreepreferred. May consider an Associate's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment but may consider a new college grad who has had supervisory experience
- Experience supervising production
- Scheduling experience
- Shipping experiencepreferred
- Track record of implementing process improvements
- Strong oral communication skills
Our client would like to find a local/commutable candidate.